1) Nigeria vs Canada is Game of the Weekend - Yeah I know everyone thinks Sudan vs France is the game of the weekend but I don't think it is. Think about it, the loser of France vs Sudan is still likely going through but the loser of Nigeria vs Canada is pretty much one loss away from being eliminated and they still have to play Poland. That's not a good position to be in.
2) Portugal Women Emerge as a Powerhouse - From what I have seen and heard of the Portugal Women's team roster I believe they will put on quite a show. The Women's side could use another top competitive team and I think they will put on quite a show.
3) Poland Doesn't Get Full Points - I have said this throughout this years posts and I will say it again: Poland will have trouble scoring goals. Without Jay or Brett being there I envision them dropping points. My crystal ball is not clear enough to say whether it is to Hungary or Greece but I think there will be a tie. This is definitely my boldest/riskiest prediction as I am not sure it will happen.
4) Holland Women's Team the 1st to 2 Wins - This one is pretty straight forward. Holland are the 1st to play 2 games and I will be the 1st to win 2 game. Included in this is an upset-ish over England and their lavish garbs.
5) ROI Puts Double Digits past Scotland - ROI is going to concede goals in this tournament because their goalkeeping is weak. The best way to make up for that is to pile in the goals. I see them putting double digits past poor Scotland. I also believe at least one more team will get to 10 goals. Germany over South Korea looks like a prime candidate.
Bonus Prediction! - Someone Gets Sent Off - Doesn't happen too often in this tournament but opening weekend the players are hyped up and it often gets the best of them. I would say there is a 50% chance it is to someone on Djibouti and 50% chance it's to someone on any other team.
1) Michal and the Polish defense get a shut out - Rare in the WCP to see a shutout but Poland are going to have to be strong defensively since they will not be banging in the goals. Also this wouldn't hurt me in the Fantasy Draft as I did take Michal and Poland's defense. POLSKA!
2) Afghan to upset Laos - Some might say this is the game of the weekend especially with all the saskatoon guys expected to be there for both teams this should be a good game. The best 2 teams in group B going at it on the first weekend. Although I think Laos is an all around better team I am going to predict that Afghanistan might be able to come up with the win. 5-4 Afghanistan.
3) Nate leads scoring - ROI will demolish Scotland and Nate will lead the charge and the golden boot race right from the first weekend.
4) 2012 MVP named - Tong Tong will be named MVP for last years tournament. He lead his underdogs Sudan to the title and scored some clutch goals.
5) Goalie Goal - I feel like we will see a goalie goal this year. Not sure if it will be in the first weekend but with alot of weak keepers I wouldnt be suprised if one of the better goalies fancies there chances.