Here are my new power rankings. Where I had them in my previous rankings is in parentheses.
1. France (1) - I had them number one before and have done nothing to dissuade me from that. Easily handled last years champions Sudan.
2. Laos (2) - Yeah they drew Afghanistan but I think that is more a tribute to Afghanistan's skill than anything.
3. Afghanistan (11) - Surprised everyone I think. It was only one game but they sent a message.
4. Nigeria (7) - Nigeria look even better than I thought they would and I believe I had them higher than both.
5. Canada (3) - A hair between them and Nigeria. Can't put them ahead of Nigeria after the loss though.
6. ROI (5) - A drop of one for them. Not as impressive as I thought they might have been in their first game but still crushed Scotland.
7. Poland (6) - About what I expected. I haven't thought very highly of their competition yet so they will need to beat someone better to move them up the charts.
8. Sudan (4) - Beaten easily by France. They seem to be missing some guys and are just way to erratic to have any higher.
9. Jamaica (12) - They beat Northern Ireland easily so there is that. A lot of tests to come.
10. Colombia (10) - One easy victory for them so far. Look poised to get out of their group.
11. El Salvador (8) - I did not expect to have El Salvador this low. On paper they look great but they are missing a killer instinct.
12. Germany (9) - I suspect they are better than this but I all have to go on is a pitiful performance against South Korea.
13. Italy (15) - Holding El Salvador to a close game is enough to bring them up 2 places.
14. Norway (14) - Their game against Hungary was one of the worst of the tournament so far. Showed nothing.
15. Hungary (13) - I thought they would be better. were ok against Poland and they the Norway game. Yawn.
16. Greece - Didn't hang with Poland quite as well as Hungary did. That leaves them here.
17. South Korea (23) - Up from the very bottom. Hung around with Germany in what for me has been the biggest surprise so far.
18. Scotland (20) - Have them just ahead of Northern Ireland only because they have a win. Might be different otherwise.
19. Northern Ireland (18) - They have had 2 very difficult games. Would look for them to improve from here.
20. Serbia (17) - Lost to Scotland and looked really poor while doing it. Losing to Scotland is not good for your ranking.
21. Portugal (19) - They should not be this bad but there were just edging out Djibouti. Come on boys.
22. Djibouti (22) - Nailed it in my pre rankings. Just a couple abysmal performances. Have shown nothing and seem to barely have a roster. Would be first in a studs up Power Rankings.