1) France (2) - Convincing win over Sudan, looking strong all around.
2) Laos (1)Laos still look good and play good soccer they are still one of my favorites to win the cup. Tough first game Vs. Afghan but I'm sure they'll just get stronger as the tournament goes on.
3) Afghanistan (7) - If the core if there team will make it every game (Mitch,Bobbi,Contenti,Josip,Diakiw) I think they have a chance of making a run. Close game with Laos and unlucky not to get the win. But a tie with Germany is not the best result for them. Would be alot better if Mitch shot the ball!!!
4) Nigeria (9) - I had them very underestimated before, great win Vs. Canada now they just have to not slip up against some of the weaker teams like they have in the past.
5) Canada (3) - Canada are very strong defensively I just think they are lacking the fire power to go all the way.
6) Poland (4) - Poland are in the same boat as Canada here, lacking fire power. Jay is doubtful to return and Brett Levis not playing at all will really hurt them. They have a couple guys that chip in with goals but I'm not sure that is enough.
7) Sudan (5) - After being destroyed by France first game they just don't seem to have the team that won them the cup last year.
8) ROI (6) - ROI will not struggle to score goals but keeping them out will be an issue. They will advance through there group with ease but will be matched up with a tough quarter final game.
9) Germany (11) - Very poor showing Vs. South Korea but they were missing players. Managed to pull of a tie Vs. Afghan which is impressive.
10) ES (8) - I have ES 8th just because I am not too sure about them yet. They have some quality but the game against Sudan will be the deciding game to see if I should of ranked them higher.
11) Jamaica(10) - Beat the 2 weakest teams in the group so far I just dont see them getting out of the group.
12) Colombia (13) - Good first win for them, I expect them to get out of the group.
13) Italy (16) - Kept it close with ES so they jump up a few spots.
14) Norway - Still just are Norway, an okay team.
15) Hungary (18) - I think they are only so high off the bottom because there are so many poor teams.
16) Greece (15) - Based on the games to far probably the weakest team in the group.
17) Scotland (20) - Managed to get a win so they climb a few spots.
18) Northern Ireland (19) - In a tough group, wouldnt be as low if they had managed to be in an easier pool.
19) Serbia (12) - Lost to Scotland. Also looked very poor Vs. Portugal too.
20) Portugal (17) - Shocked to see them so low.
21) South Korea (23) - In a tough group but definately improved from last year.
22) Djbouti - Just bad and wreckless. I feel bad for there goalie.
23) Somalia (21) - I don't think I've seen a worse team in this tournament ever.