1. ROI 2011 - By far the best team ever assembled and I should know. I assembled it. Having lost the year before I basically called all the top players I knew of and that was all she wrote. I don't think any team will ever amass that much talent or score that many goals in a tournament again.
2. ROI 2009 - This was the first year that a team was really stacked or that many Saskatoon players were involved. They really revolutionized the tournament by forcing teams to look outside of the Regina talent pool. Their success was built upon a rock solid back line and a very deep roster.
3. France 2011 - Yes I know France didn't even make the final that year but I think we all remember the hype that surrounded that team. That hype was not unfounded as France stormed into the semis against ROI. They lost that game 2-1 conceding in the final minutes. France are the Dan Marino of WCP Cup. (Greatest team to never win something)
4. Laos 2010 - Laos made some big pickups in Saskatoon that included Steve Irinici, Jaycee Neufeld and most notably Josh Northey. They played a quick style where they attacked the wings and used their speed to infuriate opposing defenses. They ended up beating a very strong ROI team in a shoot out.
5. Sudan 2012 - This was tough for me to decide on. The one question that always bothers me is would Sudan have won the tournament if there were throw ins instead of kick ins? I really, really doubt it but who knows? Either way they definitely used the rules to their benefit and proved to be the best at doing what it is they do. Kick it long and head it.