1. New Champ - It is extremely hard to repeat in this tournament as you tend to get everyone's best shot. On top of that I feel Sudan was a bit of a "wild cat" situation where teams will learn how to play against their style and effectively counter it.
2. Sudan Don't Make The Semis - Like I just said I think teams will adapt to Sudan's unique style of play and they will look more beatable. Not helping their cause is they will likely have to play Poland or Canada in the quarters. That's tough.
3. David Brown Doesn't Lead The Tournament In Goal Scoring - Sure he would be an easy pick as he has scored more goals than anyone likely will ever but Jamaica is in a tough pool. He will not get much service either so that won't help. Have to believe Nathan Reis is a front runner again as the teams that ROI plays will be terrible
4. Dwayne Switches Teams Twice More - On roster submission deadline day Dwayne moves to Germany who promise him 10 beer, increased from the 6 ROI promised him, and says they don't care if he can only make one game. However upon joining Germany he gets another call 2 minutes before the deadline close, from France saying they will give him a 24 and that they would actually prefer he not come at all. A deal to sweet for Dwayne to pass up. C'est la vie!
5. Opening Ceremonies Last Under An Hour - The snooze-tastic opening ceremonies will hopefully be dramatically decreased time wise this year. It just depends if some self indulged person decides to go rogue on the mic. Keep it short speakers!
6. Jamaica Keeps A Clean Sheet - Now this is a bold prediction. Anyone who caught some of the Jamaica/Nigeria game saw that Jamaica can't defend any where on the pitch. If this some how occurs it will be because of Jonah or a forfeiture.
7. Scotland Win A Game - Yep you read that right. When was the last time that happened? I think their group is just weak enough that it will happen this year. Finally something for kilt dude to cheer about!
8. Colombia Beat ROI - I am playing a hunch here but I watched Colombia play and they are just that team that hangs around and hangs around and then all of a sudden your behind. With ROI not have a keeper that could be a problem. Also I could see Paco having a sudden growth spurt adding an extra 24 inches and from then on being known as Paco Paco.
9. France's Winnipeg Players Are No Shows - Every year we here how these Winnipeg guys are coming down for the tournament, usually to play for Serbia, and ever year they don't come. Though France probably has more appealing pull but I still think they won't be coming.
10. Nigeria Beat Poland - I am telling you Poland is going to have trouble scoring goals this year as we saw in the RSA Mens tournament. Combine that with the fact that Nigeria is a lot better than many give them credit for. This is my upset special.