2) France - France are solid and are expected to win every year. For France to win the WCP this year they are going have to find a way to win the big games. This is what their trouble has been in the past. Key Player - Brett Bachelu
3) Canada - Canada are always strong defensively and work incredibly hard as a team. They have added quality in net which could be the last piece needed to bring them home the title. Key Player - Jarvis
4) Poland - Poland have some strong players but I don't think they use them correctly, Ex: Jay played wing for them last year. He is the best striker in the tournament. For Poland to win the tournament they are going to need Brett Levis to be available for all of playoffs(which I believe he isn't). So therefore I feel they will fall short. Key Player - Michal Bandula
5) Sudan - Last years champs, but from what I've heard some of the players have moved to different teams. I feel that teams will just pack the box and counter attack them since they play very direct long balls into the box. Key Player- Tong Tong
6) ROI - ROI are always strong, if they have recruited a goalie then they may even challenge for the title. Although ROI lost a few players that gives a few guys more playing time and they are more then capable of filling in the spots. Key Player - Nathan Reis
7) Afghanistan - They have a good core, but there depth is why I don't have them as a top 4 team. Young and skilled they should have enough to make it out of a tough group. Key Player - Josip Coric
8) ES - ES had a weak tournament for there standards last year. I feel they will bounce back to a top 8 team this year. They have some very good players with great technique. I just don't think they have the physical presence it takes compete with the other top teams. Key Player- Cesar Santamaria
9) Nigeria - I could rank Nigeria any where from 5th to 15th. You never know what Nigeria side is going to show up. They are capable of beating the best of teams but then they go and lose games they shouldn't. The Ntignee brother's are the head of there attack and are very good I just don't know how many games they will make. Key Player - Abu
10) Jamaica - Placed in the group of death I just don't see Jamaica having the depth or players to make it through the group. Key Player - Mike Collins
11) Germany - Also in the group of death the Germans will find it tough to advance. With the loss of the Patterson's I feel Germany took a massive hit. Key Player - Duncan Mcdougall
12) Serbia - Serbia are a middle of the pack team and I don't see that changing too much. They have a couple young players and an decent midfield. They will maybe make it through to the quarters only because they are in such a weak pool. The game vs. Colombia should decide that. Key Player - Darko
13) Colombia - Colombia are a team that are always there. They have upset some of the top teams but then failed to beat weak teams. The game vs. Serbia is going to be a good one to see who clinches the 2nd playoff spot in the group. Key Player - Paco
14) Norway - Reached their peak in 200? whenever they won. Living in the past and not improving their team. Key Player - Braden Husdal
15) Greece - The Greeks may be one of the most physical teams in the tournament, sadly that doesn't turn into wins for them. They had a good run 2 years ago when they lost a close game to Laos but i feel that was just a one time thing. Key Player - George
16) Italy - I have never played against or seen too much of Italy so I can only assume they will be the same as previous years.
17) Portugal - Portugal seem to have been on the decline in the past few years with their better players leaving to go chase the WCP dream with other countries.
18) Hungary - A new team that I have never seen play, nor do I really know anything about them.
19) Northern Ireland - Based on past WCP I have to assume they will be roughly the same.
20) Scotland - From what I've heard they are young and still searching for their first win in how many years?
21) Somalia - Poor last year and expect the same this year.
22) Djibouti - New team that haven't shown they will manage to compete (based on exhibition games)
23) South Korea - Based on last years tournament, props on them for sticking around and I hope they have made some improvements. They are in the group of death and I think it will not be fun for them.
*** I know I didnt add key players for everyone but thats just because I am not familiar enough with those teams. That is also the reason why some teams didnt get a very long write up.