1. Might as well start with this. What's up with the name calling? I am not sure if people thinks it funny or witty or both but it's mostly childish and pathetic. It's okay to have a differing opinion with another blogger but lets try to use out big boy words to express that. Don't make me have to stop allowing posts. I don't want it to get there.
2. Can anyone play defense and forward? Absolutely not. Maybe in the round robin where half the teams are even enough that it blocks out certain deficiencies but those deficiencies will be exposed against good teams. Playing upfront may actually be the toughest position because you have someone on your back all game and a bunch of refs who won't call fouls.
3. Josip as the most prolific striker is Saskatchewan? That might be a stretch. However, even though he might me a complete nut bar, he can score goals. And a few I saw the other night were absolute beauties.... no matter who you play against.
4. Would he score 3 times as many if he played in Regina league. No. Oh and Julio I out scored him in that the Saskatoon WCP. Where's my props!
5. Could a Regina all star team beat a Saskatoon all star team? Absolutely not. It's pitiful I know but we have done this in PSL and only once in the 10 years I have played have we come out on top.
6. Regina could very well have a better, more supportive soccer community, though you wouldn't know it from this blog! But the soccer itself is in disarray. We have substantially worse facilities, are constantly arguing with our soccer association and a lot of leagues are faltering. For example, we can no longer field a PSL team due to lack of commitment. There is also currently only 1 team registered in our top mens division. That's pitiful.
7. Why is our top men's division Div 2? Just shows how pitiful it is.
8. As I was saying Regina soccer has a better friendlier soccer community in my opinion. Everyone supports the WCP Cup, more so than in Saskatoon, and I don't see some of the petty stuff, fights, arguments, red cards that I see in Saskatoon. There seems to be a general respect for one another and a passion for the game. Now we just need to transition that passion onto the field itself.
9. Ok I just read this comment "Regina only lost to Saskatoon in PSL because the quality players either didn't because it takes a lot of time or weren't in town". Part of playing soccer at a high level is training. Outdoor is not indoor where everyone can play a whole game. Plus last year for PSL the commitment was one weekend? Why no team then. What you refer to as "takes a lot of time" a call laziness.
10. Nate not a good player? Leads the tournament in goalscoring. Must be doing something right?
11. POLSKA POLSKA