Tuesday 5 April 2011

Best of the Day. Monday.

I didn't see too many games so please help me out people! I won't be offended if you correct me.
 
Team of the Day:
Afghanistan. Not a lot to work with as the games were not a joy to watch but a really big win for Afghanistan. They are still going to be in tough against the rest of their pool but this gives them hope. That group is a free for all. Unless you are France and headed to the final for sure.

Goal: 
A couple candidates. I did score a rocket header but I will have to concede to David Brown. His lob of the Portugal keeper was both spectacular and unnecessary. Looked great though, even with Reis trying to steal it.

Player: 
Like I said I only watched one game. I would nominate Brett Levis for his 3 goals but that would seem pretty biased. Let me know who you think!

Save:
The posts. Seriously did they get bigger? Posts were getting hit like crazy all night.

Gaffe: 
Coming to watch. After the action packed weekend its a little tough to live up to the excitement they created. Games were blowouts except for the Afghanistan - Italy game.

Tackle: I will go with the Nigeria - Greece game from the night before. They put in 2 days worth of slide tackles. So no need to add more.

Laos apparently looked good so I don't want to detract from them. I just didn't watch the game. This is where you guys come in to correct me. Let me know what should actually be on here!

No comments: