Til then here is my quick review of the Men's game last night. Sorry its the only one I saw.
1. I had no idea what to expect going into that game but I did not expect that. Sudan is fast strong and I had no idea they would play so direct. Nobody wants to play that team.
2. That Sudan player should have been sent off in that game for leading with his head super late. It was reckless. I know they want it to be physical but its gotten a little out of control. Guys are getting hurt. Brett Bachelu tore his ACL last year on a bad tackle and Andrew ended up looking like this. Time to protect the players!
3. Some bad mistakes early for Sudan which cost them the game. Hitting the roof is like giving up a goal. You just can't do it. Especially when you have a clinical Beckam-esque free kick taker like myself on.
4. Ryan Mac's volley was the deserving game winner. A rocket to the top right corner might not get beat as the goal of the tournament. Fantastic.
5. ROI were on their heels for a lot of the game and really had to be. There in nothing you can really do about that aerial bombardment. If you block their back from knocking the long ball it hits you, goes out of bounds and they end up launching it in from a kick in instead. No win.
6. I was impressed by what Sudan did. They knew they had height and how to use it. It is an extremely effective game plan. They have some great players on their team that's for sure. Just didn't produce the results last night.
7.How bout when Hans did give out that red and then had to rescind it. Haha got a little ahead of himself there.
8. Have to give a shout out to my boy Jonah for having a solid outing in net. He is not the biggest keeper there is but he did great in the air especially given the amount of bodies that were in that box.