Thursday 15 March 2012

5 Things I'd Like To See Happen At WCP - Polish Playboy

1. Julio Get Embarrassed - As Julio has become more of a central figure on the blogs, and more people started to read them, controversy has swirled like a hurricane. Some love him, some hate him. The latter are probably dying to get a piece of him on the field. personally, I've come to have a funny respect for my favorite new character from Jersey Shore, but despite this respect I would love to put up a challenge to provide some incentive to take Julio on one v one whenever you get near him. If anyone can meg this tool and score I'll buy them a team pitcher. Has to be same play, if you just meg him I will buy you a schooner. Make him fall on his butt and watch out..... we might have a hole in the field.

2. Creative And Fun Celebrations - The 1st year of this tournament was in the old facility. Mike scored a goal against ES and jumped on the boards in front of the ES fans with his arms spread as if he were on the bow of the Titantic. This really got them going and they started cheering louder and louder and eventually pushed ES to the win. It doesn't seem like people remember or even know that there are no cards given for excessive celebrations, as long as they are neither vulgar nor disrespectful.

3. A New Flavor In The Final - Someone finally take out Ireland before they reach their 7th final in a row. Enough said.

4.Less Whining At And About The Refs - Every team is guilty of this, and granted that in the heat of the moment emotions prevail over cool heads but the relentless abuse some of these officials get is ridiculous. We're all grown men, act like it for the love of god. Crying about the calls after the fact won't change the refs mind and it makes you look foolish. I'm definitely a repeat offender in this category but I'm working on it. On the other hand, I do hope they assign the important playoff games to the experienced refs because some of these guys just can't handle the pressure and will lose control and blow matches.

5. Extra Point - Julio has purchased tap shoes and will now be barraging opponents with exaggerated leg lifts. He will be relentless in his pursuit of being the prettiest on the field. What would happen if ES got jerseys without collars? I think it's best we not even put those worrisome thoughts in that thick head of his!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh.

Collins said he hated seeing megs, and now there is a challenge to meg Julio.

I actually think Julio will be playing up front so a meg and goal may be difficult. Julio were are you going to play?

I would love to see someone combine 2 and 3 of this list. Meg Julio, score a goal and then jump on the boards in front of the ES fans. That would be great!

Nice post Bart.

DG

Anonymous said...

good comment DG. What boards are we going to jump on?

Batman

Anonymous said...

Love your comment about not whining about the refs. I know the anger and frustration that happens when you feel the ref is doing a poor job or seems to be calling the game one way. Do people really think that if you harass a ref he/she is going to agree with you and start making calls in your favor? clearly not. Once they call a foul, they aren't going to change their mind, no matter how much you plead. Never once have I seen a ref change his decision and say to the player acting childish " oh sorry missed that one, you are completely right "
Maybe try treating them with a little respect and you might just get that in return...

Edward Nigma

Anonymous said...

Batman,

Touche. Although maybe you could get Lucius Fox to finance some sort of board like contraptions to allow for this type of celebration.

At the very least they can run over and jump into the netting perhaps.

I said in my blog post that ref's are always under appreciated. Worst job in sports.

DG

Anonymous said...

I think this has been my favourite post thus far! I absolutely love it! Well done Polish Playboi... and I am glad that you embraced your new name! I must agree I have found some respect for you... you've had some witty replies, and I am loving the fact that you've promoted a solid challenge.

DG... I have no idea where I am playing. It all depends how Santamaria feels. Some games I play alot and some days I don't play at all... so who knows. I played Forward, Mid, Wingback, and CB last year... that I have no idea.... all I know is that lately at turf I've been working on my defence and I love when guys run at me... makes me play better... so if anyone wants to meg me, bring the heat.... Yet Bart, I am a little disappointed that you didn't offer a prize for me if I megged someone... I am notoriously in love with the art of megging that I would have thought you of all people would have know that!

I really hope to play against Poland, if I were to score... I would celebrate with those Polish fans like never ever seen before! The building would erupt; mainly from Polish fans booing... but that's what I'd be hoping for!

As for the refs, I just want to see consistancy... that's all I want.


Julio

Anonymous said...

PS. Bart, I forgot to speak about your jersey comment... I would actually prefer a Deep V Neck with long sleeves... the jerseys that we have are not stylish enough, and they fit rather awkwardly... our socks are made for midgets that they don't go up high enough... that really... I don't know why you would have thought I actually enjoyed those kits.


Julio

Anonymous said...

Bart your hilarious. Love the post buddy. Good luck out there. I personally think your solid soccer player. You make everything fun dude, and I appricaite that. Your a good guy. People that don't know you are just missing out. I think that's what people in Regina have problems with. They see people out on the field and what they do, but they never really get to know people off the field. Some of us are very competitive, and some of us get angry. Off the field however, the majority of of the people arn't that bad. I enjoy getting to know someone, before making them look bad or trash talking. Bart, your a classy guy in my books.

The Joker said...

or maybe your just getting bigger each yr!

Anonymous said...

My god...YOU'RE.

Anonymous said...

How about we all ignore anything this joker FRUIT CAKE says. Best way to get rid of a stubborn mosquito.

The Joker said...

oh no its the Comment Cop and his sidekick Spell check, there onnnn toooo mmmeeeee